We are looking for a highly motivated Financial Controller to join our team. As a key player within the Finance department, you are a problem solver, strong communicator, accountable and able to work independently. You’re an accountant with an established accounting designation (or equivalent), and ready to take on challenges in a key leadership role with an ambitious team. You will pride yourself on being a quick and enthusiastic study, with a business acumen that goes well beyond the numbers you’ll be responsible for assembling, who loves the fast and unpredictable pace of the technology sector.
Who We Are
Maximizer CRM is a pioneer in the Client Relationship Management space. We give our customers the power to engage better, convert and support their customers online or on-premisses. With 30 years in the CRM space, Maximizer CRM serves over 120,000 clients globally. We believe that our work is never done as long as there are customers in the queue. We are passionate about finding the smartest, most efficient way to communicate, answer questions, and solve problems.
What We Believe
At Maximizer CRM, we strongly believe that the success of a company depends entirely on its people. We seek self-motivated team players who will appreciate a performance-driven work environment rooted in creativity, professional development, integrity, and open communication.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work environment
- Fun team-building events. Yes, even remotely!
- Professional development allowance
- Opportunities for learning, growth, and career advancement
Key Responsibilities and Contributions
Reporting to the VP Finance, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all day-to-day accounting functions
- Assessing and improving systems, processes and controls
- Coordination of, and leading the month-end close process
- Preparing monthly consolidation reporting packages and variance analysis
- Monitoring cash balances and initiating transfers
- Calculating and posting transfer pricing transactions
- Liaising with external tax accountants for tax filings
- Ownership of the ERP and financial systems
- Leadership and mentorship to a team of 3
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a Financial Controller role (or 5+ in a Senior Financial role)
- CPA designation
- Experience in a SAAS environment and understanding of key SAAS metrics
- Experience with multi-entity organizations dealing with multiple currencies and transfer pricing
- Experience leading a team
- A proactive and solutions-oriented mentality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building and maintaining customer relationships
- Experience with Sage Intacct is a bonus
This position is available in Vancouver (currently remote) or Ontario (remote).
Please send in your application now! We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.